November 24, 2006

It's Thanksgiving!

I know Thanksgiving is not celebrated here, but I think it's rather cool to devote an entire day remembering God's goodness and giving thanks to Him for the year's providence by celebrating with closed ones. Roast turkey is of course an added bonus. Heh.

To keep in the spirit of Thanksgiving, and since I have no harvest to be thankful for, I'd like to take this time to thank God for everything that has passed in 2006. That includes the privilege of *your* friendship. Yup, YOU. I know who reads my blog, so this is not some lame way of thanking everyone under the sun. If you really wanna know if I'm referring to you, drop me a comment and I will thank you personally(!). Thank you for your friendship - the raucous laughter, the drinks paid, the food shared, the shoulder to cry on, the sweet sms-es, the horrendous singing, the prayers, the love, the concern. Beneath my sometimes hard and independent exterior lies a truly grateful pile of mush who can't believe that people like you actually chose to be my friends (ok maybe some of you have no choice, but nonetheless you could have easily snubbed me!).

So thank you. From the bottom of my heart : ) You've been a real blessing to me in one way or another.

Here's to many, many more years of friendship to come.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hi gal.. just dropping by ( usually i read your blog on my work PC and they block the comments page)
happy (belated) thanksgiving to you and i'm glad i met you this year!
hugs

-madeleine